Optical Switch Solutions built on the industry-leading, fourth-generation instrumentation class of VIAVI optical switch technology.
- Provides all optical switching, independently from data rate and transmission format
- Delivers minimal impact on dynamic measurement range regardless of switch size with low loss for all configurations from 1x2 to 1x176
- Flexible SCPI remote interface lets users program the switch using either MAP-200 style commands or maintain backward compatibility to the industry-standard VIAVI SB/SC series optical switches
- Guarantees ultra-low 0.04 dB PDL and ±0.005 dB repeatability to minimize measurement uncertainties on single-input versions
- New PTRIM option simplifies troubleshooting and measures in-line power up to 20 dB for coarse programmable loss on a connected port
- 1C, 2D (duplex), and 2E input configurations enable cost-saving architectures that reduce the number of switches required
- Expanded beam technology ensures multimode switches are “modally transparent” and do not disturb mode distributions, greatly simplifying transmission testing or testing with IEC complaint mode launches